Us Election 2004: Bush won!
Notice from Moderators: Discussion on US Election 2004
This is just to thank you all of those on behalf of MM Moderation Team who participated and contributed toward a lively debates on recent US election. Though some of the members of the Moderation Team leaned on one particular side, MM as a whole, did not endorse either of the two candidates. Moderators' stand was completely personal even though within USA itself practice of endorsing officially a particular candidate by many leading newspapers/think tanks is quite old, and it doesn't damage those newspapers' non-partisan stand. For example- the New York Times endorsed Governor George Pataki of Republican party during last Mayor election in New York City; however, same New York Times has endorsed Senator John Kerry, a Democrat, during recent presidential election. MM posted all the articles/messages both for/against the two candidates so that readers get a whole picture about the candidates' merits and demerits.
However, now since election is long over- we would like to stop all the existing threads on this issue. Exception may be the informative articles from trustworthy sources. No articles aimed at personal level will be posted any more.
Readers/writers are encouraged to send articles/write-ups that are off the mainstream news but devoid of any inflammatory languages. Let the rationale and facts speak for themselves. Thank you again for your continuous support!
Moderation Team, Mukto-Mona
George Bush- Devides US or us by Abul Kasem
When John Kerry, after conceding his defeat in the recently held election, called President Bush he reminded George Bush of the deep chasm that has engulfed the American nation like nothing before.
George Bush agreed with John Kerry. It looks like this division is now spread all parts of the world, except of course, to the Muslim World. The Muslim World was solidly behind John Kerry. ... ( Read more ... )
Some Afterthoughts on US Election by Bonna Ahmed
Al: “ Syria is history, We will take it very soon” ....
I overheard this discussion as I was approaching my colleague’s office after the election day. These are two educated white southern conservative males living in Atlanta, Georgia, which is one of the strong conservative Republican states. I could not help say, “no wonder , and the rest of the world hates you guys so much.”... ...( Read more ... )
More Articles : Aftermath of the Bush-Cheney Victory..
Post Election Blues: Senator Kerry’s defeat and take home message for American liberals
US Election 2004
Thoughts at the Final Moments
Whether one supports Bush, or Kerry- one thing is clear: US election 2004 is like no other election in the past. America's national security is at stake, within country there are other crisis' as well: crisis of economy, science, health benefits, social security system , to list a few. Outside USA, the biggest crisis America facing today probably is 'crisis of image'. Those who tend to dismiss such crisis as 'nonexistent' ,or 'restricted to Muslim world only' are deceiving none but themselves for it has not been even a month Daily News reported- with the only exception of Poland, majority people of all countries even in Europe dislike Bush's handling of war, alienating friends and aspire to see Kerry in the oval office in Washington DC.... ( Read More ... )
MM Updates on US Election Night:
Sleepless Election Night: Fact and Fiction (Dr. Jaffor writes to Avijit)!
Last update: Kerry probably will barely lose the election to Bush
Last minute articles:
• Last hours before US election : The Test for the West!
• Zogby's poll favors Kerry win but Florida is a must state for Democrat
• One Day Left by Michael Moore
• "Bin Laden's Vote is For George Bush" by Robert Fisk
• Kerry for President fwd by Arefin
• Re- Rebuttal to Ali Sina on US election Bonna
• George Bush for Second Term? No way! Jahed
• The Independent - A gonzo look at Bush Robin
• When religion and politics mix Arefin
• An open letter to US fwd by fatemolla
• Is Kerry-Edwards a winning ticket? Jaffor
• The United States: Bush's record fwd by Robin
• Why I'm (Slightly) for Bush fwd by Jamal Hasan
• Perhaps China sensed that Bush’s days are numbered ! Jaffor.
Who will win?
• Re: Bush will win- Mahbub Kamal
• Re: Bush will win - Nondini
• Re: Bush will win ? Think for a while ... Avijit
• Re: Bush will win ? Think for a while ... Jaffor.
• Re: Bush will win ? Then it would mean Dark Times!
On Bin Laden's video and Members' reaction
• FULL STORY (courtesy: CNN)
• Bin Laden video threatens America
• For immediate release: Kerry on Bin Laden Tape [Response]
• Bin Laden threatens more attacks in new tape
• Dr. AH Jaffor Ullah on Bin Laden's Video Message
[Mukto-mona] [Articles] [Recent Debate] [Special Event ] [Moderators] [Forum]